John J. McLaughlin, Esq. (Late)
Dr. McLaughlin is a graduate of Seton Hall University and Seton Hall Law School. He also attended Drew University where he earned a Master’s Degree in Literature, a Master’s Degree in Theology, Magna Cum Laude, and a doctorate in History. His dissertation was about General Wedemeyer, which he has now expanded into book form.
With over 40 years of experience in bankruptcy law and litigation, he is one of New Jersey’s most experienced bankruptcy attorneys.
Dr. McLaughlin is a veteran of World War II having served 1 1/2 years in the United States Army with the Occupation forces in Japan immediately following World War II. After graduation from college he served another two years during the Korean War as an officer in the Military Police Corps in the capacity of Assistant Confinement Officer of the Military Prison Fort Meade MD.
Dr. McLaughlin is the founder and director of the New Jersey World War II Book Club. Accomplished attorney with over 40 years’ experience in commercial and bankruptcy law. Experienced trial and appellate practice.
- Law Offices of Michael McLaughlin, LLC (Staff Counsel, 2012 to 2014)
- Union County Legal Services (Volunteer Attorney, 2000-2005)
- Courter, Kobert, Laufer & Cohen (Partner, 1994- 1997)
- John J. McLaughlin Associates (Owner, 1978- 1994)
- Benenson & Mclaughlin (Partner, September 1968-1978)
- Drew University, Doctor of Letters; Master of Theological Studies; Litt. Degree
- Seton Hall University School of Law, LLB
- Seton Hall University, Bachelor of Arts, English Literature
- New Jersey State Bar Association Trustee1992-1996; Chairman of Bankruptcy Law Section 1978-1980
- Essex County Bar Association President 1980-1981
- Commercial Law League of America President 1989-1990
- Author and Guest Lecturer –World War II subject matter
- Founder & Director – World War II Book Club
- Instructor – Adult Education
- Military Experience – U.S. Army 1946-1949
- General Albert C. Wedemeyer America’s Unsung Strategist in World War II (Casemate Publishers, 2012)